Teletherapy is offered at McLean Speech and Language for the purpose of continuing care amidst the current COVID-19 crisis
Our Vision is……
1. To provide speech/language, ABA and/or OT services to families in rural areas
2. To provide speech/language, ABA and/or OT services to families with challenging work/school schedules
3. To provide time and cost-efficient services to schools and other organization
- Telepractice (or teletherapy) is a service delivery model that is supported by both the American Speech-Language -Hearing Association (ASHA) and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). ASHA defines telepractice as “the application of telecommunications technology to delivery of professional services at a distance by linking clinician to client, or clinician to clinician, for assessment, intervention, and/or consultation.”
- Teletherapy will only be used if determined to be at least as effective as in-person treatment and/or in-person treatment is not a viable option at the time.
- Our office currently is utilizing a HIPAA compliant version of Zoom to safely and easily provide teletherapy. Your cilnician would be happy to walk you through how to access this platform (for FREE) and navigate it for the purposes of your treatment session
To find out more about teletherapy services, please contact __ or call ___.